Lagos State House of Assembly will today receive the N1trn Y2020 Budget to be presented by the state Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
The proposed Budget would be Governor’s inaugural budget presentation since assumption of Office in May 2019.
The current budget is higher than the previous year by 35 per cent.
Sanwo-Olu said by September the 2019 budget performance stood at 67 per cent.
Addressing the Assembly, Sanwo-Olu said, “We have challenges of unemployment, climate change, urban migration.
“The target of the budget aims to attract foreign, local investments, human capital investment, improve capacity to collect revenues as much as possible, civil participants in government.
“Partner with FG, ensure improved quality of the environment.”
Notable points from the budget presentation so far;
- Christened “Budget of awakening to a greater Lagos”
- Lagos not immune to global economic factors
- Prioritise Education sector
- New minimum wage implementation included
- Lagos ranked 7th largest economy in Africa
- Prosperous Lagos Agenda on course.
- Plans to increase internal borrowing
- Keep zero tolerance on pot hopes
- 116 roads rehab ongoing across the state.
More details later…
- Sanwo-Olu Set To Present 2020 Budget On Friday
- Lagos state Sanwo-Olu to pay N35,000 minimum wage to workers end of November
- Lagos Assembly Summons Ambode Again; Demands Answers To 5 Questions
- Lagos Deputy Gov., Hamzat arrests drivers for one-way drive
- Lagos State governor gives ₦20,000 each to 315 returnees from South Africa