Three new cases of Lassa fever have been confirmed at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Lokoja, Kogi State, with one death also being recorded.
This was made known by the medical centers Head of Clinical Services, Dr Bernard Ododo, who said 3 patients tested positive while one death was recorded after 5 suspected cases were reported. Ododo said;
“Five suspected cases reported at the hospital in the last one week, three already tested positive, of which one died.
”Two cases already transferred to Lassa Fever Management Center at Irua Specialist Hospital in Edo State.
”Two others (of which one has died) have their results awaited from NCDC Laboratory in Abuja.”
Ododo urged members of the public to maintain high hygienic principles, keep rodents away from their residence and foodstuff materials.
Residents of the state were asked to seek medical attention for fever, headache, sore throat, vomiting, joint pain, abdominal pain and bleeding from body orifices.
Health workers were also advised to imbibe precautionary measures to protect themselves against the disease.
- Lassa fever: Four confirmed dead in Taraba state
- BREAKING: Another Coronavirus Patient Dies In Lagos, Confirmed Cases Rise To 217
- Lassa Fever: 3 dead, 292 infested in Kano State
- Saudi Arabia’s King Faisal Hospital where the royals are treated shuts down after staff tests positive to Coronavirus
- Lassa Fever Kills 16 In Ondo