Lekki Protest: Lauretta Onochie, an aide to the President, Muhammadu Buhari, has applauded the Nigeria Police Force for doing a good job at the Lekki Protest on Saturday.
In her statement, she commended the Nigeria Police Force over the way its operatives conducted themselves during the #OccupyLekkiTollGate protest.
Onochie gave kudos to the Force, saying nobody was hurt during the protest.
“Kudos to the @PoliceNG for the professional manner it operated at Lekki yesterday. Nobody was hurt,” she wrote on her verified Twitter handle on Sunday.
She added, “Best of all, no police officer was killed nor roasted and eaten. We must applaud you for doing well so that you can take our criticisms of your shortcomings in good faith. Thank you.”
The #OccupyLekkiTollGate protest was staged against the decision of the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution for Victims of SARS Related Abuses & Lekki Toll Gate Incident to have the Lekki tollgate reopened under the control of the Lekki Concession Company.
The protesters say the tollgate ought to remain under no control until justice is done regarding the lives allegedly lost when soldiers of the Nigerian Army opened fire during the #EndSARS protest on October 20, 2020.
- Policemen to remain at Lekki tollgate until…
- Claims of alleged killings at Lekki tollgate not verified ― US Report
- “Why Should There Be Another #EndSARS Protest – Ondo Police Command Says As It Warns Protesters
- DJ Switch Urges ICC To Probe Lekki Shooting
- BREAKING: #EndSARS Protesters Takeover Osogbo Roads, Storm House of Assembly Complex