The Lagos State Judicial Panel of Judicial Inquiry probing the alleged shooting of #EndSARS protesters by the military at the Lekki tollgate on the night of October 20 on Saturday, November 21, resumed the viewing of a CCTV footage submitted by the Lekki Concession Company, operators of the tollgate.
The camera showed that the protest ground at Lekki toll gate was calm and peaceful until about 6.43pm when people could be seen running towards the tollgate from the Oriental Hotel area.
Two minutes later, at 6.45pm, military trucks with flashing headlights arrived the scene. There were no fewer than seven military truck at the protest ground in Lekki.
At 6.53pm, about 10 minutes after the arrival of the military vehicles, the tollgate went into a blackout according to the footage shown st the judiciary panel.
Two minutes later, at 6.55pm, one of the military vehicles drove through the tollgate to the other end where the crowd of protesters was gathered.
Also, the protesters were allegedly not throwing stones at the soldiers as claimed by army.
10:54 As with the first day, when the footage was shown, the strategy is to show the protests were peaceful.
Another important point is that so far, the camera is as being panned automatically. But the #EndSARS lawyers believe later on, it was being operated manually.
— Editi Effiòng (@EditiEffiong) November 21, 2020
- Army commander: Soldiers were attacked at Lekki tollgate but they still offered water to protesters
- Lekki Shooting: Why Lights Went Off at Toll Gate – LCC MD
- Lekki Shootings: Army Makes A U-Turn, Appears Before Lagos Panel Saturday
- Lekki Protest: Police did a good job, no one got hurt – Lauretta Onochie
- #EndSARS Panel: ‘Five bullet shells recovered at Lekki Toll Gate’