For her role in capturing events of October 20, 2020 when soldiers shot at protesters at Lekki toll gate, DJ Switch has been praised on social media by a popular Nollywood actress.
Veteran Nollywood Actress, Genevieve Nnaji took to her Twitter page to heap accolades on DJ Switch.
Recall that Nigerian youths had staged a protest to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), extra-judicial killings and police brutality, which was tagged #EndSARS.
On October 20th, protesters gathered at the Lekki Toll Gate to press home their demands once again, but there has been mixed reportage to the events that occurred that night.
DJ Switch had bravely gone live on her Instagram page even as the shootings were going on and in the process, exposed the gruesome to the world.
American Television channel, CNN has released its findings from an independent investigation carried out on the October 20 shooting and it further proved that so many things happened that were being swept under the carpet.
DJ was featured on the cable network and she once again reaffirmed her earlier stance about the shootings.
Reacting to this, Genevieve praised her bravery and wrote: “A brave queen✊🏾. Thank you @dj_switchaholic ❤️💐. Silence is not hereditary📌. #EndSARS”
— Genevieve Nnaji MFR (@GenevieveNnaji1) November 18, 2020
- DJ Switch Flees After Receiving Deadly Phone Message
- Lekki Massacre now has a Wikipedia page
- Lekki toll-gate shooting: “No backing down, you have to kill us all” – Paul Okoye reacts to Lekki killings
- “If you marry me, I will treat you Like a Queen” – 21-Year-Old boy tells Genevieve Nnaji
- “They have to kill us all” – Rudeboy set to lead #EndSARS protest at Lekki Toll gate today