What a day for all those associated with Liverpool Football Club.
Jurgen Klopp’s men ended Liverpool’s seven-year wait for a trophy with a 2-0 win over Tottenham in the Champions League final in Madrid on Saturday night.
Liverpool are the champions of Europe for the sixth time
It’s a huge relief for Kopites all around the world and also gives Klopp his first piece of silverware at Anfield after heartache in the Premier League this season and in cup finals in previous years.
This is the sixth time Liverpool have won the competition and their first since 2005 under Rafael Benitez but the celebrations on Sunday had that extra something.
We’ll probably never know for sure how many Liverpool supporters came out to congratulate the players and staff on winning the Champions League but it is understood at least half a million were in attendance.
It was a truly magical day for Liverpool and below you can see the best moments from the open top bus parade.
The fans catch their first glimpse of their beloved players
Defender Virgil van Dijk was particularly enjoying the party!
The fans gathered anywhere they could
Manager Jurgen Klopp being the joker as per
The Kopites even stood on houses to get a view of their heroes
This fan was not the only one to climb a traffic light during the parade
These players will never forget this day
Champions of Europe for the sixth time
Just imagine what the celebrations will be like if they win the Premier League…
- Liverpool owners keen to offer Klopp new, extended deal
- Liverpool now equal with Manchester United as English football’s most decorated club after Champions League victory (See List) #football #EPL #UCL
- If Man City beat Liverpool to the title, Pep Guardiola threatens to boycott Community Shield
- Liverpool in ‘advanced talks’ with Nike over record-breaking kit deal
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane wins Premier League award for March