Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde said yesterday that the Supreme Court judgment has validated the sacking of the chairmen of the 68 local governments and local council development areas.
He said the judgment will give way for the conduct of fresh council polls to take place on Saturday.
Makinde claimed that God gave Oyo State Government and the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) victory at the court because He is greater than the sacked chairmen, who caused a lot of crises in the state.
He spoke in Ibadan during the official presentation of flags to the PDP candidates contesting Saturday’s elections in Ibadan Northeast and Ibadan Southeast local governments.
- Oyo APC moves to stop council poll
- It’s time for local govt autonomy, says Jonathan
- BREAKING! Excitement As Governor Seyi Makinde Joins #June12thProtest In Ibadan (Video)
- Photo Of Delta LG Chairman In Handcuffs And Wearing Only Underwear After His Arrest Over Attack On Commissioner’s Home
- UPDATED: Supreme Court rejects Shell’s request to vacate N17b judgment over 1970 oil spill