Ipadeola Oriyomi, a social media influencer, who was arrested at Eclipse nightclub in Victoria Island, Lagos State says he has tested positive for COVID-19 in police cell.
Taking to his Instagram page, Mr Oriyomi told his over 200k followers that he spent the night at Maroko Police Station after the arrest before being moved to Oshodi task force.
According to him, while still in detention, he was tested for COVID-19 and his result came back positive.
Mr Oriyomi said he was thrown right back into the cell instead of being isolated or taken to an isolation centre for COVID-19 infected persons.
The social media influencer who pleaded with authorities concerning his case said the decision to throw him back into the cell endangers his health and that of the people inside the cell with him.
See what he wrote below;
“I was arrested at eclipse club in v.i when police of maroko came to arrest us . They took us to maroko police station where we slept over night before they transferred us to oshodi taskforce.. i have been in oshodi taskforce since monday
They tested us yesterday for covid 19
Test came out today and it shows am positive
Instead of them to take me to isolation center or I should go to do self isolation they returned me back to cell
Pls help me tag any authority they should take me to the isolation center or I should go for self isolation, Putting me back to cell when am nt a criminal can affect other people and danger to my health too pls”
- 43 clubgoers and strippers arrested in Lagos for violating COVID19 protocols (photos)
- Bauchi Officials Go After COVID-19 Patients Who Escaped From Isolation Centre
- Update: Benue COVID-19 index case, Susan Idoko Okpe, finally released from Isolation
- COVID-19 is a scam in Nigeria, they did not plan the drama before they went on stage – Discharged patient claims
- Three-year-old test positive in Imo