The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) on Wednesday announced their final three-man shortlist for the Men’s Player of the Year award.
They are Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City and Belgium), Robert Lewandowski (Poland and Bayern Munich) and Manuel Neuer (Germany and Bayern Munich).
One of the three will be named UEFA Men’s Player of the Year.
The winner will be confirmed during the 2020-2021 UEFA Champions League draw ceremony in Nyon on 1 October.
Messi and Ronaldo didn’t make the shortlist as they didn’t garner enough votes.
Other players who made the top ten list include:
4. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 53 votes
5. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) 53 votes
6. Thomas Müller (Bayern) 41 votes
7. Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain) 39 votes
8. Thiago Alcántara (Bayern) 27 votes
9. Joshua Kimmich (Bayern) 26 votes
10. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) 25 votes
- Revealed: Messi, Ronaldo And 53 Others Have Been Nominated For FIFA TOTY…See Full List
- The Champions League draw: Quarter-final and semi-final ties finally revealed
- Ronaldo is a killer but Messi will torture you before he kills you – Wayne Rooney on who is the GOAT
- Lionel Messi wins the Ballon d’Or: Barcelona superstar edges Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk and moves ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo with sixth triumph
- Cristiano Ronaldo Grabs Two Awards After Missing Out On Ballon D’Or