The federal ministry of communication has ordered an immediate suspension of the alleged USSD service charge by MTN.
There has been a viral text message allegedly sent by the mobile network operator, MTN Nigeria which notified subscribers of a N4 charge per 20 seconds on USSD access to banking services from the 21st of October, 2019.
Reacting to this, the office of the Honourable Minister of Communication, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami disclosed that they are unaware of the development, and for that reason there should be a suspension of the supposed plan until the Honourable Minister is fully and properly briefed.
On this note, all MTN subscribers are thereby instructed to ignore any text message of this sort from their mobile network provider, as the Federal Ministry of Communication has not signed such proposal.
- USSD: Airtel Nigeria charges N5 for every 20 seconds spent using bank USSD
- FG To Equip 200,000 Youths With Digital Skill In 2 Years
- FG To Turn National Stadium To Wembley Standard – Sports Minister
- Minister Patani orders deactivation of automatic voicemails on existing phone lines
- FG announces plan to re-introduce toll gate on federal highways