Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, a successful Nigerian writer and poet finally reveals that she gave herself the name.
According to the new york times best seller, she coined the name after she was converted in a religious catholic ceremony.
She further explained that she got the name from reading a literature.
Chimamanda was first ‘Amanda’ but she had to further change when her collogues in her universities in America, were alraedy making the name sound like an English name and according to her, she doesn’t want a English name.
She later had to add the ‘Chimam’ to the ‘Amada’ to give it the Igbo twist she wanted.
Watch the video below;
- BBNaija Ended For Me The Day Prince Was Evicted -Dorathy Reveals
- You think we are “wicked feminists”? Just wait until you meet the women coming after us. – Nigerian Lawyer, Moe
- Video Of Father Mbaka Addressing And Blessing The Crowd After His Reappearance
- “I played a taxi driver” – Davido speaks on bagging second Hollywood movie role (Video)
- Man Vomits Money Profusely During A Ritual Process (VIDEO)