The Bayelsa state government has cleared the air on the recent appointment of former BBNaija housemate, Nengi Hampson as face of the Bayelsa Girl Child.
According to the state government the reality TV star and Miss Eradiri are to work together to inspire the girl child in Bayelsa state.
Miss Eradiri is the first female First Class graduate from the Faculty of Law at the Niger Delta University (NDU), a feat she repeated at the Nigerian Law School.
Many Nigerians had called for the Eradiri, a Bayelsa-born First Class Law Graduate, who has not only made Bayelsans proud but the entire Izon nation on her excellent performance at the Niger Delta University and the Nigerian Law School, Lagos Campus.
Some also argued that Eradiri has distinguished herself and should be the ‘Role Model’ to Bayelsa Youths.
After the announcement of Miss Eradiri, as the face of Bayelsa Girl Child, many had believed it was a replacement.
The state government has now reacted to the confusion that emerged, as the Chief Press Secretary to the Bayelsa state governor, Daniel Alabrah, in a chat with BBC Pidgin, said Nengi has not been removed or replaced. He said;
“Nengi is from the entertainment sector and as such she can function perfectly there. While Miss Eradiri will function in the education sector. This is for them to inspire and encourage young women from the state. It is wrong for people to speculate and politicise everything.”
- Meet Mbagwu Johnpaul Chiagoziem: The First IMSU Student To Bag A 1st Class In Physics Department
- Nengi’s original certificate showing her result from UNIPORT surfaces online (screenshot)
- BREAKING: Niger Delta Avengers Return, Vow To Cripple Nigerian Economy
- What a man told Nengi after she released new pictures of herself in a bikini sparks reactions online
- Meet the 78-Year-Old Grandfather Who Just Became A Lawyer After Graduating From A University In Nigeria (Photo)