President Muhammadu Buhari has stated the need for the government and all Nigerians to take tough decisions for Nigeria to move forward.
He made this known in his Independence Day speech during a nationwide broadcast on Thursday, October 1st.
The President also fired back at leaders in past administrations who had in recent times jeered him and his administration for decisions and actions being taken, blaming them for almost grinding and nation to a halt.
In his words ;
“No government in the past did what we are doing with such scarce resources. We have managed to keep things going inspite of the disproportionate spending on security. Those in the previous Governments from 1999 – 2015 who presided over the near destruction of the country have now the impudence to attempt to criticize our efforts.”
- How I will end issues bringing sorrow to Nigerians – Buhari
- Corrupt cases in past, present administrations will be unearth, Buhari vows
- Buhari Blasts His Service Chiefs, Says ‘Your Best Is Not Good Enough’
- “FG is sensitive and thoughtful about young Nigerians” – Yemi Osinbajo
- Nigeria @ 60: Read The Full Text Of Buhari’s Independence Day Speech