Seun Kuti, a popular Nigerian singer and son of Late Fela Anikulapo-Kuti has claimed that the Nigerian army and police force were created to kill black people and protect Western interest.
This is coming amidst widespread protest against the activities of SARS officers in the country.
Speaking during a Live session on his Instagram page, the singer shared his thoughts about the #EndSARS campaign which has regained prominence in the last few weeks.
Seun Kuti stated that some rich Nigerians and celebrities at the forefront of the campaign all have policemen they use to oppress fellow citizens. He further stressed that the Nigerian army and police were created to kill black people and protect Western interest and nothing has been done to change that.
Recounting how Niger-Delta activist Isaac Boro was killed by soldiers acting on orders of a foreign company, the singer stated that the oppressed has to fight to regain his freedom.
Seun Kuti also disclosed that his late father, Fela Kuti lost a house and his mother while fighting the “oppressor”. He further advised Nigerians not to sit back and watch security operatives humiliate their fellow citizens.
- The Nigerian system has sent our microbiologists and doctors into tailoring and baking – Seun Kuti
- “Fela Anikulapo-Kuti perished after being injected with poisonous substance in NDLEA custody” – Dede Mabiaku says (video)
- Burna Boy stole a lot of Fela’s song – Eedris Abdulkareem
- Naira Marley is truly the Fela of our time – Reno Omokri
- “Politicians are all the same, I don’t trust any of you” – Burna Boy shades Sowore, he replies