Troops in a joint clearance operations with Chadian Defence Forces, on the 13th of April 2019 had a fierce encounter with Boko Haram terrorists at the Northern part of Wulgo, Tumbuma, Chikun Gudu and Bukar Maryam villages.
During the operations, 27 terrorists were sent to permanent discomforting sleep. The following items were recovered:
a. 5 x Gun Trucks
b. Several Motor Cycles
c. 5 x AK 47 Rifles
d. 1 x Automatic Revolver Galil Rifle
e. 1 x G3 Rifle
f. 2 x General Purpose Machine Gun
g. 2 x Anti Aircraft Guns
h. 4 x Rocket Propelled Gun Tubes
i. 1 x PK Machine Gun
j. 1 x M21 Rifle
k. 1 x Locally Made Dane Gun
l. 5 x Rocket Propelled Gun Tubes Bombs
m. 1000 x Assorted rounds of different calibre ammunition
n. 5 x AK 47 Magazines
o. Several Links of 12.7 MM
p. 1 x Land Cruiser Buffalo
q. 1 x Nissan GT
r. 1 x Land Cruiser destroyed
s. 1 x flag and a Grinding Machine
There is no casualty on the part of the Nigerian and Chadian Forces.
Coordinated military operation is ongoing especially in the fringes of Gombaru – Ngala and surrounding areas to deal with the fleeing bandits running out from Multi National Joint Task Force (Op YANCIN TAFKI ) onslaught on their hideouts.
Acting Director Army Public Relations
- Police Explain How Gunmen Kidnapped UBEC Chairman, Daughter… Killed One, Injured Two
- Coalition Lauds President Buhari, Security Agencies Over Recent Successes In Zamfara, Yobe States.
- 14-year-old suspected female kidnapper arrested in Katsina
- Notorious land grabber and hired killer arrested in Lagos (photos)
- We collected N200m ransom in six months — Kidnap suspect