Nigerian lovers have been arrested with N489m worth of illicit drugs by the Joint Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) and Philippine National Police operatives.
The Nigerian lovers identified as Lawrence Ikegwuruka Obinna, 27, and Malagasy Michaella Agustine, 23, were arrested with around 10kilograms of methamphetamine worth PHP68 million (about N489million) after they were busted a buy-bust operation in Quezon City on Tuesday.
The suspects both residing at the same address in Cavite were put under surveillance for three months before they were arrested around 10 a.m, Maj. Gen. Debold Sinas, chief of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said.
The couple will be facing non-bailable charges for trafficking and possession of dangerous drugs under Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Police intercept Tramadol worth N54m, recover 184 ATM cards
- Workers steal celebrity’s N243 million jewelries, sell for N6 million
- Nigerian Man Arrested For Drug Trafficking In Saudi Arabia Vindicated After Proof Showed Substance Was Planted On Him
- 3 Nigerians arrested for entering India illegally by night bus
- Photo of suspected mastermind of foiled Abuja bank robbery after arrest