Joseph Chukwueke, a Nigerian has been elected mayor of the city of Woodlynne, Camden County, New Jersey, United States.
Nigerian man elected Mayor of a city in New Jersey
The report confirmed by a US news outlet, revealed that Mr Chukwueke defeated his main rival, Clyde Cook, by a wide margin in an election held on Tuesday.
Joseph Chukwueke had served as chairperson for emergency management as a member of the City Council before his historic election to the office of mayor.
He will serve for a single term of three years.
- Buhari Nominates Adesina For Re-Election
- Nigerian Hacker Arraigned In US For $1m Scam
- Nigerian becomes Judge of Superior Court of California, United States
- Soludo, Salisu, Others Get New Appointments As Buhari Constitutes Economic Team
- Yul Edochie mocks Nigerian Judiciary and President Buhari’s victory at the Tribunal