Joseph Chukwueke, a Nigerian has been elected mayor of the city of Woodlynne, Camden County, New Jersey, United States.
Nigerian man elected Mayor of a city in New Jersey
The report confirmed by a US news outlet, revealed that Mr Chukwueke defeated his main rival, Clyde Cook, by a wide margin in an election held on Tuesday.
Joseph Chukwueke had served as chairperson for emergency management as a member of the City Council before his historic election to the office of mayor.
He will serve for a single term of three years.
- Meet 29-year-old Nigerian Elected Albany County Legislator In New York
- Taraba Gets New Speaker After Former Resigned
- Buhari Replies Falana On Third Term Agenda, Amending Constitution
- Nigerian becomes Judge of Superior Court of California, United States
- APC threatens to expel member seeking third term for Buhari