The Federal Capital Territory Police Command has denied reports that a policeman attached to Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila, fired the stray bullet that killed a newspaper vendor in Abuja on Thursday, November 19.
In a statement released by the Public Relations Officer of the command, ASP Yusuf said that security agent who fired the shot was not a policeman has reported.
the statement read; “The FCT Police Command wishes to unequivocally refute the allegation making round sections of the media that a Police officer attached to the convoy of the Speaker of the House of Representatives shot at a newspaper vendor within the Three Arm Zone on Thursday 19th November,2020.
“Contrary to the misleading information, preliminary investigation into the unfortunate incident reveals that the security aide who shot at the vendor is not a member of the Nigeria Police Force.
“However, the Commissioner of Police FCT CP. Bala Ciroma has ordered a discreet investigation into the incident.
“While commiserating with the family and friends of the deceased, the Commissioner of Police wishes to guarantee members of the public that the Command will be lucid in its investigation and ensure the findings are made public.”
- Trigger Happy Police Arrested For Allegedly Shooting 19-year-old Barber Dead In Abuja
- Police officer who shot his girlfriend in the mouth has been arrested
- Police Inspector kills his colleague, shoots Superintendent before committing suicide
- Policeman Commits Suicide Inside Lagos Cell
- Policeman who fatally shot and killed a driver for allegedly refusing to hand him N100 bribe in Ondo has surrendered