Martins Idakpini,Tukur Buratai
After 7 months in detention, Lance corporal Martins Idakpini who was arrested for criticising chief of army staff Tukur Buratai, has been released.
The soldier was arrested and detained in Abuja after a video which was made in June 2020 went viral. In the video, he accused Buratai of poorly managing the fight against insurgency.
Idakpini’s lawyer, Tope Akinyode said a court martial sitting in Sokoto ordered his release on bail. Akinyode said in a statement issued on Thursday January 14.
“Court martial grants bail to Lance Corporal Martins Idakpini. The court sitting in Sokoto made the order today after I argued the bail application.
“Idakpini was arrested for criticising army authorities. He’s been detained for 7 months without access to his family.”
- How Ex-Army Chief, Buratai Lobbied Ambassadorial Posting To Benin Republic To Escape Corruption Investigation — Military Sources
- Nigerian Army And Navy Promote Senior Officers
- Late Attahiru was at the verge of making the Nation proud – Buratai
- How IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Was Blindfolded, Handcuffed, Sneaked Into Abuja Court
- Photos Of the New Service Chiefs Appointed By President Buhari