The sixth edition of Big Brother Naija attracted over 40,000 youths going through the auditions.
Despite the challenge of COVID-19, which restricted the organisers from holding physical auditions, several youths participated in the virtual audition process.
The virtual audition process was first tried in 2020 and re-introduced for the 2021 edition.
Multichoice Head of content, West Africa, Bisola Tejumola, revealed that over 40,000 entries were submitted by eager youths that hoped to get admitted into the BBNaija house for season six.
When queried on the selection process, Tejumola noted that there are no particular criteria for securing a spot among the housemates other than being individual uniqueness.
“We really don’t have particular criteria for picking or selecting lucky housemates other than just remain being you. The process is just come and be original and our team will spot that in you,” Tejumola said.
The sixth edition of BBNaija will kick off on Saturday, July 24 with double opening ceremonies and end on October 3, 2021.
The 10-week long reality TV show will follow the lives of new housemates as they interact and compete with each other to win the grand prize of 90 Million naira worth of prizes.
- BBNaija Organizers Reveal Date Season 6 Show Will Begin
- MultiChoice announces early access to BBNaija auditions and 90million Naira grand prize
- Dorathy reveals date for BBNaija lockdown reunion show
- #BBNaija6: No need to even nominate her, we go use magnet drag am out – Fans say after female housemate, Arin disclosed she has 17 piercings
- BBNaija: Obi Cubana declares Cross as his favourite housemate