Crystal Palace are set to join Manchester United and Leicester City in the hunt to sign Schalke centre-back Ozan Kabak.
The 20-year-old came through the ranks with Galatasaray and he made his debut in May 2018. In January 2019, Kabak signed a long-term deal with Bundesliga outfit VfB Stuttgart.
He made 15 league appearances for his new club before Schalke activated his €15m release clause to sign the youngster ahead of the 2019/20 campaign.
Kabak immediately inserted himself into Schalke’s first team. He has made 36 appearances for the German side since he joined in June 2019.
The Daily Mail have reported that Crystal Palace have joined Man United, Leicester City and RB Leipzig in the race to sign the centre-back.
Liverpool had shown interest him this past summer, but a move did not come to fruition. The report adds that the player would be available for a fee of around £25m.
Roy Hodgson is said to be keen to bolster his defence this January. Prior to Saturday’s game against Sheffield United, they had only kept one Premier League clean sheet this season.
It is also reported that the Palace boss is looking to sell James Tomkins and Mamadou Sakho during this window. Each defender is nearing the end of their contract.
- Liverpool reignite interest in defender Kabak after Van Dijk loss
- Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson insists 2019/20 Premier League season must be completed
- Gossip: Five centre-halves linked with Liverpool and Man Utd
- Man United offer defender contract as he considers options
- Gossip: Liverpool and Spurs linked with Villa man