An armed student has been shot by a school resource officer at a Wisconsin high school early Tuesday morning.
Around 11am EST the Okshkosh Police Department announced a shooting broke out at Oshkosh West High School.
In the incident an armed student confronted a school resource officer, leading the cop to fire at the pupil.
Both the student and the officer were hurt in the confrontation, police say, and transported to local hospitals.
‘The student and officer were both injured and transported to local hospitals. Only one student was injured,’ the police department said.
Police did not specify what type of weapon the student used.
The school is currently on lockdown and parents have been notified that they can reunite with their children at Perry Tipler Middle School.
On Tuesday morning the UW-Oshkosh Police sent out a Titan Alert saying Oshkosh Police are investigating an ’emergency situation at a City of Oshkosh school.’
The incident has been turned over the state department of criminal investigations.
The shooting took place just 90 miles away from another devastating school shooting on Monday in Milwaukee.
Source: Daily Mail UK
- 21 feared killed at Kaduna wedding party
- Commotion As Gunmen Storm Taraba Community, Shoot A Secondary School Principal Dead
- FBI Officer Killed During Protest In Oakland (Photo)
- Properties Damaged As Fire Guts School Dormitory Again In Anambra
- CRUTECH Student Drowns Hours After Matriculation