Pep Guardiola insists he had no issues with the party thrown by Manchester City’s players last weekend.
The bash made headlines due to the presence of several Instagram models, who flew in and shared images of the night in Salford Quays on their social media platforms.
Most City players were in attendance for the postponed Christmas do following their 6-1 thrashing of Aston Villa last Sunday.
And Guardiola says he encourages his players to enjoy their lives outside of football.
“I think I knew [about] it,” he said when asked about the party. “When they have time, they make a lot of times dinners together, with the staff. They did it many times anyway.
“And I like it when they are together outside here, they do it sometimes at home, sometimes in a restaurant as was the case. It was nice.”
City did not have a Christmas party during December after last season’s event led to a downturn in form.
Despite eventually retaining their Premier League crown, the champions suffered shock back-to-back defeats against Crystal Palace and Leicester in December 2018.
Palace return to the Etihad this weekend as City look to close the huge gap to runaway leaders Liverpool.
- Why Liverpool’s match at Man City is their only real obstacle before eclipsing Arsenal’s Invincibles
- Premier League RESULTS: Newcastle stage extraordinary late fightback, Aston Villa snatch last-minute victory over Watford, Man City edge past Sheffield United
- Man City thump Aston Villa as Sergio Aguero surpasses Thierry Henry’s Premier League goal record
- Man City played better against Manchester United than Arsenal, says Pep Guardiola
- Pep Guardiola says Sergio Aguero will die scoring goals after Man City striker breaks Thierry Henry Premier League record