The Yoruba Nation protesters gathered at the Ojota where the rally was scheduled to take place despite orders from the police.
Different security agencies were deployed to the venue of the Yoruba Nation rally in Lagos state as they arrest and teargas protesters.Security operatives including men of the Nigeria Police Force, Nigerian Army, and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps and their vans were deployed to the venue of the protest in the early hours of today to prevent them from protesting.
However, protesters defied the order and directive as some of the protesters were arrested and held in a waiting Black Maria.
The state Commissioner of police, Hakeem Odumosu, who addressed journalists during the week, said the state cannot afford to experience another reoccurrence of the #EndSARS protest.
- BREAKING: Security operatives take over proposed venue of Yoruba Nation rally
- Apprehension As Yoruba Nation Agitators Storm The Streets In Ondo (Photos)
- Yoruba Nation: Sowore Reacts As Stray Bullet Kills 14-Year-Old Girl
- ‘We Will Know Who Owns Lagos’ – Igboho’s Aide Dares Police, Insists On Lagos Rally
- Lagos Police Parade 49 Suspected Participants In Yoruba Nation Rally