Johnson Kokumo, The Edo State Police Commissioner has warned that police officers will no longer fold their hands and allow hoodlums attack and kill them at will.
Speaking during the inauguration of 70 vigilante group in Ikopaba-Okha local government of the State on Monday November 16, Johnson stated that there is a justification to use their firearms when their lives are in danger or while defending others whose lives are being threatened.
The police chief who averred that it is the responsibility of the police to sanitize the state, added that the police have made good number of arrest in connection with “all manner of crimes in the state.”
Johnson further disclosed that operatives of the force will be on 24 hours joint patrol with other security agencies in the local government.
“We will keep talking to our officers not to police with bitterness. But never again will it happen for someone carrying jack-knife to kill a policeman carrying AK-47.
“The police will no longer fold their hands and die like chicken. I want everyone to take the message home to neighbours and their children.”
- Edo jailbreak: Escapees threatening policemen with text messages – CP
- LASU student killed and eaten by boyfriend, to be re-buried
- Nigerian soldier narrates ordeal in hands of SARS operatives in Enugu
- Police officers reportedly chasing car, involved in accident, 2 die
- See Photos Of SARS Operatives Gunned Down By Boko Haram Terrorists