Personal Assistant To The President On New Media, Bashir Ahmad has reacted after Nigerians called him out for using a photo of strawberries from an Indian article to pass off as the ones from Plateau State.
The presidential aide had shared the photo with the caption “This is from Plateau, Nigeria”.
A quick check revealed that the photo was from an article published on The Indian Express on February 20, 2020.
Reacting to the controversy this triggered, Bashir Ahmad said he deleted the photo after some respondents said otherwise. He added that he got the photo from a friend in early 2020, who also insisted that he took the photo in Plateau state.
“Tweeted this picture with a caption “This is from Plateau, Nigeria”, some respondents said otherwise, I got the picture from a friend early 2020, who still insisting that he took the photo in PT, anyway, I deleted the tweet. Whether from PT or not, I believe we have best there”.
- “A Lot Has Changed In Borno Under President Buhari”- Presidential Aide, Bashir Ahmad
- Actress Rahama Sadau called out again by Muslims for ‘showing off her skin’ in new photo
- Atiku Breaks Silence After Buhari Suspended Twitter In Nigeria
- Abike Dabiri called a ‘liar’ as she exchange words with Nigerians over her cloned tweet on Kankara Abduction
- Twitter mission in Nigeria is suspicious – Lai Mohammed