Reports suggesting Liverpool have reached an agreement with Watford’s Ismaila Sarr have been dismissed as ‘hogwash’ by the club.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have ramped up their transfer business in recent days, first securing the £20million signing of Thiago Alcantara, and then landing Diogo Jota for £41million from Wolves.
But despite the Jota signing, France Football claimed the Reds were keen on another winger, and had ‘agreed a £36million deal’ with Watford for Sarr.
The report claimed Liverpool had reignited their interest in the Senegal international, having targeted him before he joined the Hornets in the summer of 2019.
But those claims have now been rubbished by Liverpool.
“There are reports in France that Watford have agreed a fee with Liverpool to sell Ismaila Sarr,” said talkSPORT’s Alex Crook.
“I’ve taken that up with my contacts at the club, and that has been described as ‘hogwash’.
“So at the moment, Ismaila Sarr is staying at Watford.”
- Liverpool ready to meet £40m asking price for Watford winger Sarr
- Watford star Ismaila Sarr ‘has guaranteed himself €100m transfer’ by scoring his goals against Liverpool
- €80m striker breaks off talks with Liverpool to sign for Napoli
- David De Gea blunder costs Manchester United dearly at Watford as Paul Pogba makes losing return to Premier League action
- Liverpool’s hopes of unbeaten season diminished as Ismaila Sarr and Troy Deeney strike to give Watford stunning victory