An Akure Magistrate Court has sentenced a serial female fraudster, Owolabi Omolola, to two years imprisonment for defrauding one Ayodele Ayeni, to the tune of N460, 000.
The convict was said to have collected the money from victim on the pretence of helping him procure a Visa to the United States of America.
Police prosecutor, Omolade Olusola informed the court that Omolola was involved in many fraudulent cases before she was arrested.
Olusola said Omolola has several fraud cases in which she has been admitted to bail at various courts.
He said Omolola had impersonated one Adeola Adetutu with the intent to defraud unsuspecting members of the public.
Omolola however pleaded guilty to the charges of conspiracy, fraud, threat to life preferred against her.
She was said to have committed the offences between the months of July, November and December, 2020, at Igbatoro, Akure.
The offence contravened sections 86, 419, 430(2) and 484 of the Criminal Code Cap 37 VOL. I, Laws of Ondo State of Nigeria, 2006.
Despite plea for bail application by presiding Magistrate, Mrs. R. O Yakubu, turned down the bail and sentenced Omolola to two years imprisonment on the first count and second counts but discharged her on the third-count charge.
- Nigerian soldier to die by firing squad for killing colleague
- Bartender Sentenced to 8 Years In Prison for Withdrawing Over N1m With His Boss’ ATM In Ibadan (Photo)
- Pastor Enenche’s Father-in-law Arraigned For Alleged N24.6Million Fraud
- Yahoo Boys jailed for stealing $750k, N120m from British, Turkish Airways
- Yahoo Yahoo Boy And Binomo Trader Jailed In Kaduna (Photo)