A man nabbed for stealing bunches of plantain has claimed that he committed the offence to meet his girlfriend’s demand.
According to the report shared online on Monday, May 24, the young man was caught in Ebedebiri, Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa state.
During his interrogation, the suspect claimed that he stole because of his girlfriend. According to him, his girlfriend requested for the sum of ten thousand naira (N10,000) to buy makeup and had given him a deadline to get the money.
The suspect said he became frustrated when the deadline was approaching so he resorted to stealing.
He revealed that he entered people’s farms in Ebedebiri and harvested their plantains, which he planned to sell in order to raise money for his girlfriend.
However, the suspected thief has pleaded with the community leaders to forgive him.
- How I Helped My Friend To Kill And Butcher His Girlfriend’s Body For Ritual – Suspect Makes Shocking Claim
- Mob Sets Three Suspected Thieves Ablaze In Calabar (Graphic Photos)
- Police Arrest Man With Bag Of S3x Toys In Cross River
- Shock As Suspected Yahoo Boy Is Caught With His Girlfriend’s Dead Body In Delta
- Kim Kardashian faces backlash for wearing body makeup