The suspected kidnapper caught after boarding one of his victim’s car.
A suspected kidnapper has been arrested and handed over to the police after he was caught boarding a car belonging to one of his victims.
The incident happened in Sokoto State.
The driver who was kidnapped along Kankara in Katsina state while returning from Kano about two months ago, reportedly spent three weeks in captivity and was released after paying an undisclosed amount of money as ransom.
Daily Trust reported that the suspect was recognised by the victim when he boarded his vehicle on his way to Kano state.
A National Union of Road Transport Worker (NURTW) member said;
“The driver was quick to identify him because the incident happened not too long ago.
“After identifying him, he alerted our leaders who in turned informed the nearest police outpost.”
It was learnt that the driver was asked to move towards Kwannawa motor park in Dange-Shuni local government area of the state, where the car was blocked by police. The suspect who was whisked away by the police to their station, reportedly confessed to being a member of a gang of kidnappers.
He has now been transferred to the state police command headquarters for investigation.
- Mob Attack Woman Accused Of Stealing A Child (Photos)
- Shock As Suspected Yahoo Boy Is Caught With His Girlfriend’s Dead Body In Delta
- Amotekun operative shoots Police officer on official duty in Oyo
- See Face Of Man Who Killed His Roommate In Bayelsa For Money Ritual (Photos)
- Nicki Minaj Dad Killed By Hit-and-run Driver