A tanker accident that happened at Mile 2, Lagos, has killed a yet-to-be identified woman.
The accident occurred at about 5:30am on Friday, August 7, near the Nigerian Army Signal Barracks.
The tanker was laden with 55,000 litres of premium motor spirit. Recovery of Tanker is still ongoing and this has caused heavy traffic.
A spokesperson for the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Nosa Okunbor, confirmed the incident on Friday.
He noted that emergency responders are at the scene of the incident.
“LASEMA Response Team is at Mile 2, inward the Nigerian Army Signal Barracks in recovery operation of a fully-loaded Oil Tanker conveying 55,000 litres of petrol involved in a lone accident which killed a female adult,” he added.
- Residents Caught On Camera Scooping Fuel Product As Fully Loaded Tanker Falls In Lagos (Video)
- Graphic Photo Of Policeman Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Lagos
- One dead in Lagos gas explosion
- Drama As LASEMA Rescues Man From Committing Suicide On Ikoyi-Lekki Link Bridge
- Update: Cause of fire outbreak at Balogun market revealed.