Six Premier League and four Championship clubs have ‘registered their interest’ in taking Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster on a season-long loan, but he is now expected to remain on Merseyside.
The Athletic credit Aston Villa, Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, Crystal Palace and Fulham with an interest from the Premier League, with last season’s relegated clubs and Swansea making up the numbers from the Championship.
But there now seems to be a growing consensus among those clubs that Brewster will stay at Liverpool after scoring three goals in their two pre-season games.
Rhian Brewster, take a bow! 👏🏻pic.twitter.com/8aGtuCkYg8
— Anfield Watch (@AnfieldWatch) August 25, 2020
According to The Athletic, Jurgen Klopp is now leaning towards keeping Brewster at the club, regardless of whether Divock Origi is sold; he would rather have him on the Liverpool bench than on the bench in the lower reaches of the Premier League.
He scored 11 goals in 22 games on loan at Swansea last season and the south Wales side understandably wants to renew that deal.
“Rhian is a young boy and he can learn a lot of things but he’s a natural goalscorer,” Klopp said after his two goals against Salzburg this week.
“He has to be more involved in games, but I have to say, in the decisive moments he’s 100 per cent there.
“I like that a lot and he’s a wonderful kid.”
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp becomes second quickest manager to reach 100 Premier League wins… after Jose Mourinho
- Report claims seven more likely to follow duo out of Liverpool
- Owen claims Liverpool player blocked move for ‘brilliant’ Werner
- Liverpool star Sadio Mane substituted at half-time in Atletico Madrid Champions League last-16 clash, sparking fresh injury fears
- Man Utd join race for ‘the most wanted player in England’