The second runner-up in the recently concluded Big Brother Naija (Lockdown Edition), Rebecca Hampson, better known as Nengi, has kicked against the double standard portrayed when men and women are offered the same thing in any society.
In a tweet shared on her handle on Tuesday afternoon November 17, Nengi who was recently appointed a Special Assistant to Bayelsa state governor, Duoye Diri, stressed that when a man gets something, it is believed it’s well deserved but when a woman does, she must have sold her body to get it. Nengi says the double standard irks her so much.
Her tweet reads:
”The double standard irks me.. A man gets something, it’s well deserved but when a woman does, she had to sell her body for it. Funny how it’s even women undervaluing women. No, not funny actually.
Grateful for the people who are constantly working to unlearn the way Patriarchy has clouded how we walk through the world.” she tweeted
- What a man told Nengi after she released new pictures of herself in a bikini sparks reactions online
- “My relationship with Ozo is nobody’s business” – Nengi says
- #BBNaija: I’m tired of complaining and I feel you need to understand and leave me alone – Nengi tells Ozo
- Shame on you if you slut-shame hardworking women – Mercy Eke says
- “I am planning a big surprise for Nengi, Tacha” – Bobrisky hints (Video)