Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service on Tuesday morning stormed Kikelomo in Ayetoro, Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State and three persons have been reported dead.
The Customs officers reportedly got a tip-off of smuggling activities in the area.
It was gathered that gunshots were fired by customs officers as they tried to evacuate the alleged smuggled bags of rice.
One of the victims, Sola, was reportedly hit by a bullet while riding a motorcycle in the area.
Spokesman of the Nigerian Customs Service Ogun Command Ahmed Oloyede, could not be reached for comments at press time, PUNCH reports.
- Panic As Custom Officers Allegedly Kills 15-Year-Old Girl
- Adamawa: Customs Raid Mubi Market, Seize Foreign Rice
- Customs intercept man with fake currency worth N2.5m in Ogun state
- Buhari’s Minister Fights NAFDAC Over Rice Distributed In Oyo
- President Buhari Orders Customs To Release Seized Bags Of Rice For Distribution All Over The Country