Thugs Attack Lagos State Firefighters, Damage Engine
Some hoodlums reportedly attacked three firemen of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, damaging a fire engine of the Agency on Sunday, November 29.
Acting Head of the Agency, Mrs. Margaret Adeseye, who confirmed the incident, expressed displeasure over the incessant attacks on firefighters in recent times for yet to be identified reasons.
She recalled that the attack on the firefighters and the engine occurred after officials the agency were prevented from attending to a fire incident at Nmani Street, Dopemu Agege, in Orile Agege LCDA, Lagos.
Adeseye informed that three firemen from a crew of four were injured and the Agency’s vehicle, Agege Fire Eagle C07, damaged by the hoodlums after preventing the personnel from performing their official duties.
The Fire Service boss explained that it took the intervention of a team of policemen from Alabo Police Division, led by Supol Bako Muhammed, before normalcy was restored at the fire scene.
She stated that the injured officers were treated at Agege General Hospital, while investigations about the incident are on-going to effect the arrest of culprits and ascertain the cause of the attack.
- Lagos Fire Service averts another tanker spillage
- Serious Commotion As Hoodlums Attack Market In Oyo, Loot And Set Shops Ablaze (Photos)
- 300 Muslims Observing Their Prayers At Agege Central Mosque Amid Lockdown Attack Lagos State Coronavirus Taskforce
- Shocking photos from Dugbe market fire
- Properties Damaged As Fire Guts School Dormitory Again In Anambra