Liverpool want a Man Utd target to replace a striker eyed by PSG and Bayern. Also: Everton are among three Premier League clubs eyeing up Memphis Depay…
LIVERPOOL EYE AJAX STAR TO REPLACE MANE
The Gossip on Thursday highlighted the clamour around Sadio Mane, with PSG said to be ‘big favourites’ to land the Senegal star. So Liverpool are considering how to replace the forward…
According to Fichajes, their primary target is Ajax attacker Antony. The 22-year-old has bagged 22 goals and offered 20 assists in 79 games for the Eredivisie champions and has been linked with a summer move.
Manchester United and Newcastle are also interested in Antony, who is rated at around £50million. But Liverpool apparently reckon he could have a similar impact to that of Luis Diaz.
PREM TRIO CHASE DEPAY
Now that Everton are safe, the Toffees can turn their attention to a huge summer transfer window. Plenty of outgoings are expected, with one or both of Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin set to leave Goodison…
With reinforcements required for Frank Lampard’s forward line, Everton are among a trio of clubs being linked with Memphis Depay. The Holland attacker is already entering the final year of a contract he signed when he joined Barcelona last year and the Catalans are expected to cash in on the 28-year-old.
Depay also has interest coming from Arsenal and Newcastle, with the former Manchester United winger having unfinished business in the Premier League.
POGBA AGREED TERMS WITH MAN CITY
Another United flop, Paul Pogba, will be on his way this summer, with Juventus seemingly the frontrunners to sign the France star.
Pogba’s representatives have held meetings with Juve this week and further talks are planned, despite the Italian club’s offer being lower that the one PSG have tabled. Gazzetta dello Sport says Juve want to pair Pogba with Chelsea’s Jorginho in a revamped midfield.
Personal terms weren’t a problem for Man City. The Times says Pogba agreed terms to move across Manchester but a fortnight ago, when news of City’s interest first emerged, the 29-year-old is said to have told the Premier League leaders that he would be moving abroad instead because he feared ‘life in the north west would become unbearable’ due of the inevitable backlash from United fans.
DYBALA NOT INTERESTED IN SPURS SWITCH
Good news and bad news for Tottenham fans as they prepare for a final-day trip to Norwich where they could seal fourth place and passage into the Champions League.
The bad: they’ve been custard-pied by Paulo Dybala. Again. AS says the Argentina star has dismissed the prospect of moving to north London when he becomes a free agent at the end of his Juventus contract this summer.
The good: things are looking more promising around their interest in Clement Lenglet. The Barcelona centre-back has been told he can leave the Nou Camp, with Sport claiming Spurs are keen on a loan move with an option to buy.
- Gossip: Liverpool line up Ruiz, Man Utd eye Barca star
- Gossip: Juve prep Pogba move; Arsenal, Spurs eye ex-City defender
- Gossip: Mbappe may yet join Liverpool, Newcastle’s Pogba plan