After Man City’s stunning demolition of Champions League holders, Real Madrid, in the second leg of their semi-final, Pep Guardiola had a message for BT Sport pundit, Rio Ferdinand.
Guardiola and his side were rightly milking the acclaim from all corners of the Etihad Stadium after what must go down as one of the greatest-ever European performances from any team.
As he marched off the pitch, he pivoted and looked towards the punditry team. He could clearly be seen saying “I told you, I told you,” with Ferdinand noting he’d received a text before the game from Guardiola that said City would win the match.
- Ancelotti speaks after Real Madrid’s hammering by Manchester City
- “A ruthless machine” – Jason Cundy makes huge claim about Manchester City
- Man City 4-0 Real Madrid (Agg 5-1): Istanbul awaits: -As Manchester City Are Set To Face Inter Milan In UCL Final
- “I’m only part of it” – Pep Guardiola on how much of Manchester City’s success is down to him
- Manchester United Aims to Stop Man City’s Pursuit of Historic Treble in FA Cup Final
See also Transfer gossip: Man Utd to try again for Rabiot as Liverpool also move for a former target