Soldiers have applauded the selection of General Yahaya Farouk as the new Chief of Army Staff.
Major General Farouk Yahaya’s appointment as the new Chief of Army Staff, COAS, has left some soldiers overjoyed.
Following the death of Ibrahim Attahiru in a plane crash in Kaduna last week Friday, President Muhammadu Buhari nominated Yahaya as the new COAS.
The Defence Headquarters issued a statement on Thursday announcing Yahaya’s appointment.
The new COAS was General Officer Commanding, GOC, 1 Division, Nigerian Army, and the current Theatre Commander of Operation HADIN KAI, a counter-terrorism counter-insurgency military operation in the North East.
Congratulation sir, Major General Farouk Yahaya as, new chief of army Staff today we have special moment in THEATER OF WAR 👊🤸♂️ pic.twitter.com/3hK5DFDz7r
— G.1⚖ (@Abbakar1030) May 27, 2021
- BREAKING: Buhari Appoints New Chief of Army Staff
- Army redeploys 11 Generals, others in massive shakeup
- Buhari’s Aide, Tolu Ogunlesi, Reveals Why A Major General Was Chosen As The New Chief Of Army Staff
- Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Attahiru And 7 Others Die In Plane Crash In Kaduna
- Naval officers celebrates sack of Chief of Naval Staff, Ibok Ekwe Ibas (video)