Super Eagles striker, Kelechi Ihenacho is also devastated after they threw away a four-goal lead to draw 4-4 with Sierra Leone in their Africa Cup of Nations qualifying first leg match last Friday at Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin City, Edo State.
Nigeria finished the first half with a 4 – 1 lead after two goals from Alex Iwobi and one each from Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen before Sierra Leone’s Kwame Quee scored one just before the break
In the second half, the Super Eagles threw away the lead as Sierra Leone pulled a shocking comeback to draw the match 4 – 4. Two goals from Al-Hadji Kamara and one from Mustapha Bundu completed the comeback for John Keister’s side.
Ahead of the second leg taking place today, November 17th at the Siaka Stevens Stadium in Freetown, Leicester City striker Kelechi Ihenacho has issued a strong word.
During a chat with one of the Sierra Leonean players, the former Manchester City star was filmed saying the Super Eagles came to Freetown in anger to make things right following the outcome of their first leg.
- ”Super Eagles are just the upgraded version of Man U” – Nigerians react to disappointing Super Eagles goalless draw.
- UPDATED: Nigeria blow four-goal lead against Sierra Leone
- AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles land in Freetown
- Lesotho Vs Nigeria: 3 Things We Learnt As Super Eagles Win In Maseru
- Nigeria New Kit 2020 unveiled by Nike