“It’s a great feeling,” Luiz told Arsenal.com. “It’s a new cycle in my life, in my career as a footballer. I’m excited to play for this big club. I grew up watching a lot of Arsenal games, especially the great players from the past, so I’m excited to try to help this club to do some big things.
“The cycle finished there. It was a conversation between me and Chelsea and everybody. I had an opportunity to come to another big club. In my life, I’ve always liked to do some challenges. I’m not scared at all to try things.
“I think not too many players would make this kind of move, they would maybe be scared, or something like that. I’m just trying to do big things in my life, so like I said, my cycle at Chelsea finished and now I’m excited to start a new chapter of my life here.
“It’s a big club – not just in England, but everybody around the world knows how big Arsenal is. When I had an opportunity to come to this kind of big club, I had to take it. That’s why I’m here.”
- Eden Hazard vows to go back to Chelsea when he’s done at Real Madrid and says he keeps up with their results
- Kanu Nwankwo Tells Arsenal Chiefs Who To Appoint As New Manager
- Freddie Ljungberg urges Arsenal hierarchy to hurry up and appoint a permanent manager, as Pep Guardiola responds to Mikel Arteta rumours
- Arsenal should sack Unai Emery TODAY and hire Patrick Vieira or Freddie Ljungberg, says Gunners legend Ray Parlour
- Unai Emery explains why Lucas Torreira was only Arsenal player not to say goodbye after sacking and makes contract claim