A – 40 – year old woman, Iswat Taofeek, residing at 36 Isoka Kugba area of Abeokuta, Ogun has been arrested by the Police for dehumanising a -12 – year old boy living with her.
Mrs Taofeek told the Police she suspected the boy stole the N5,000 she kept somewhere in her house.
The woman said she decided to put a knife on fire and when it was red hot, she used it to burn the boy all over the body, ostensibly to make him confess what he knows about the missing money.
She also told the police the little boy is her brother-in-law’s son and has been living with her for some time.
Ogun Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the suspect was arrested on Monday morning following a complaint by her neighbour, who brought the boy to the Adatan Police station with his body full of injuries inflicted on him with hot knife and cutlass.
Abimbola, a Deputy Superintendent Police (DSP), disclosed while the complaint was being taken, the boy fainted at the station and was rushed to hospital for medical attention.
The Police Spokesman added that on the basis of the complaint, the Divisional Police Officer for Adatan Division, Samuel Aladegoroye, detailed detectives to the woman’s house and arrested her.
She will be transferred to the Anti-human Trafficking and Child Labour unit of the State Criminal i
Investigation and Intelligence Department(SCIID) for further investigation and prosecution as directed by the Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun.
- Father of 17 arrested for impregnating teenage daughter in Ogun
- Police arrest 57-year-old man and his wife for maltreating their 7-year-old grand-daughter in Ogun state
- Woman poisons and kills her two-day-old grand daughter with sniper because she dislikes the child’s father
- 54-year-old Pastor arrested for raping 12-year-old girl in Ogun state
- Woman beats stepson to death, buries him secretly in Ogun