A former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, his wife and a medical “middleman” have been jailed for conspiring to traffic a market trader to the UK to harvest his kidney.
Ekweremadu, 60, his wife Beatrice, 56, and 25-year-old daughter Sonia stood trial accused of a conspiracy to bring the man to Britain from Lagos for his organ.
The couple, along with medical “middleman” Dr Obinna Obeta, 50, were found guilty in the Old Bailey in March.
More to follow….
- Ex-boxer punches his wife to coma over TV remote in Ondo
- National Assembly approves independent candidacy for elections
- Woman sues her father for attempted forced marriage in Kaduna
- Bill to compensate ENDSARS victims passes second reading in Senate
- Federal Government Asserts Authority Over Demolition of Aviation Agencies’ Offices Despite Senate Resistance