According to reports, Cristiano Ronaldo desires to depart from Al-Nassr only a few months after joining the Saudi Arabian club from Manchester United. The Portuguese icon and United came to a mutual agreement to terminate his contract after his controversial interview with Piers Morgan. He subsequently signed a lucrative £175 million-a-year deal until 2025 with the Saudi club..
However it now seems Real Madrid are willing to offer Ronaldo a non-playing role as an ambassador, according to El Nacional. The Spanish outlet said: ‘Florentino Perez has guaranteed that [Ronaldo] will not lack work at the Santiago Bernabeu.
‘But, obviously, he wouldn’t do it to be a player, because he considers that it is a cycle that should be considered closed.’ Ronaldo’s partner Georgina Rodriguez is also said to be yearning for a return to the Spanish capital where the couple met.
Ronaldo is a club legend at Real Madrid, having scored 451 goals in 438 appearances during his time at the Bernabeu.
He won four Champions League crowns, three Club World Cups and UEFA Super Cups apiece, two LaLiga titles, a pair of Copas del Rey and two Spanish Super Cups with the LaLiga giants.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has 12 goals in as many league games for Al Nassr so far this season. He scored after just four minutes as Al Nassr secured a 3-0 victory at home to Al Raed on Friday.
The victory sees Al Nassr, who are in second place in the Saudi Pro League, close the gap on Al Ittihad to three points, although the leaders have a game in hand. Ronaldo put Al Nassr in the lead with a header as he connected with a cross from Sultan Al
- Karim Benzema Set to Join the Ranks of the World’s Top Three Highest Paid Players
- Messi’s MLS move signals end to golden era for European soccer
- Cristiano Ronaldo already wants to leave Al-Nassr for potential transfer back to Europe
- Cristiano Ronaldo Plans Extended Career with Al Nassr and Eyes World Cup Glory
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s Trophy Drought Continues as Al-Nassr Miss Out on Saudi Pro League Title