Charles Oputa, better known as Charly Boy, has issued a response to the calls for his arrest following a recent comment he made. The outspoken musician took to Twitter on Saturday, where he challenged Nigerian teenagers to emulate the actions of French protestors who resorted to destroying public property in response to the shooting of a 17-year-old youth by police near Paris earlier in the week on Instagram
Charly Boy shared a video of the protesters in France burning down buildings, asserting that this was the kind of response he expected from Nigerian youths to “reject the system that let them down.” However, his post offended some Nigerians who interpreted it as an instigation of civil disorder, leading to calls for his arrest in the comments section.
In response to those demanding his arrest, Charly Boy took to Twitter once again on Sunday to express his thoughts, resorting to insults. He wroteNa only me just dey Laff as guys just dey Kpara on top my Post, pple come dey even call for my arrest, see monkeys. DSS can’t arrest criminals but can arrest people who speak against criminals. You’re a useless Nigerian”
Charly Boy’s comments have ignited a heated debate among social media users, with diverging opinions on the appropriateness of his statements and the ensuing calls for his arrest. The musician’s remarks, coupled with his combative response, have further polarized the already charged atmosphere surrounding his views.
- Afrobeat Sensation Seun Kuti Arrested and to Face Trial, Latest Reports Confirm
- Brymo and Adekunle Gold’s Clash Escalates Over Controversial Comments
- Your men are selling phone covers here – Nigerian Chef Hilda Baci Faces Backlash for Controversial Comments on Ghanaians
- “I will Never Sleep with Any BBN Guy!” – CeeC
- Dorathy meets Seyi for the first time after reality show and disgraces him in Public (video)