Chelsea FC endured another tough day at the office on Thursday, losing 4-1 at Old Trafford as Manchester United booked its place in next season’s UEFA Champions League.
United had the game well in hand thanks to two first half goals, and the Red Devils added two more after United States winger Christian Pulisic entered the match on 64 minutes. But Pulisic, who has endured a frustrating season, made sure he wouldn’t go down without a fight despite the lopsided result.
Puli draws De Gea’s ire
Pulisic and Man United goalkeeper David De Gea collided in mid-air while trying to bring down a deep cross that was eventually cleared. United defender Victor Lindelof shoved Pulisic, and then De Gea got involved, wagging a finger toward the American.
Whether Pulisic’s actions actually inspired Chelsea is up for debate. The Blues did grab a goal less than 10 minutes after the incident, with substitute João Félix grabbing an 89th-minute consolation for the visitors.
Christian’s Chelsea tenure at an end?
Pulisic struggled again in his 26-minute cameo on Thursday, taking only eight touches and attempting one shot.
The USMNT star remains stuck on one goal from 23 Premier League appearances this season and appears destined for a move away from Chelsea. The Blues are guaranteed to finish in the bottom half of the league this season and are facing another summer of upheaval in the transfer market.
- Juventus reportedly lead Pulisic chase as Chelsea get set for overhaul
- Chelsea Announces Mauricio Pochettino as Next Manager on Three-Year Deal
- Bournemouth 1-3 Chelsea: Lampard finally gets first win as Chelsea surpass 40-point mark
- Transfer gossip: Mount ‘agrees personal terms’ with Man Utd as Chelsea pave way for Man City move
- Man City 4-0 Real Madrid (Agg 5-1): Istanbul awaits: -As Manchester City Are Set To Face Inter Milan In UCL Final