Roy Hodgson says Steve Parish should be worried about Michal Olise’s future at Crystal Palace amid interest from Arsenal.
Olise racked up his ninth assist of the season in a virtuoso display against West Ham on Saturday, and has earned rave reviews for his displays of late under Hodgson.
A report earlier this month claimed Arsenal director Edu is keeping an eye on Olise as he looks to find cover for Bukayo Saka this summer.
It’s claimed Mikel Arteta is also a big fan of the 21-year-old, with the Gunners said to be willing to stump up £40m for the left-footed right winger.
Asked if he was worried that Olise could be on the move this summer, Hodgson replied: “If I was Steve Parish I would be.
“But I’m Roy Hodgson for the next few weeks and I wish them all well. I don’t have any conversations regarding contracts and what the club wants to do.
“If ever they need an opinion from me I know they’ll ask for it but I certainly won’t be proferring it.”
Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with Olise, who moved to Palace from Reading for £9m in the summer of 2021.
Having been in and out of the team in his first season, Olise has become a key cog for Palace this term, starting 27 of their Premier League games so far this season.
But Hodgson has suggested that Olise still needs time to develop his game before reaching the top level, in particular in front of goal.
“I think he needs to get more goals,” the manager added. “He’s got goals in him. He cut inside on his left foot on a few occasions and got good strikes away.
“But all the time he’s producing those goals for us like he’s doing, we’re more than happy with him. He’s another player I see getting better in terms of doing things we want him to do.”
Hodgson has worked wonders since returning as interim boss at Selhurst Park, winning four of his six games since taking over from Patrick Vieira, steering them to Premier League safety.
- Transfer gossip: Rice makes transfer decision as Man City to battle Arsenal for £40m winger
- Transfer Rumors Heat Up: Olise Favors Manchester United, Osimhen’s Chosen Club Revealed, and Arsenal’s Super Offer for Mitoma
- Trasnfer Gossip: Everton ‘leapfrog’ West Ham, Spurs for Man Utd man; Chelsea, City ‘ramp up’ PL transfer effort
- Guardiola Rues Mistakes as Manchester City Settle for 2-2 Draw Against Crystal Palace
- Transfer Gossip:Man Utd act on ‘tremendously positive’ scout reports as Salah stays and Arsenal list revealed