Former Manchester United player and renowned pundit, Gary Neville, has once again expressed his frustration with the Glazer family, labeling their actions as “embarrassing” as they continue to delay the potential sale of the club. The Glazers, who initiated the takeover process for Manchester United back in February, had promised a swift completion by late April, but prospective buyers are still left waiting in limbo. Recent reports indicate that the takeover is unlikely to be finalized before the commencement of the upcoming 2023-24 season.
Speculation had grown when Sheikh Jassim’s Nine Two UK Holdings Limited appeared as a listed company on the government’s Companies House website, fueling rumors of an imminent Qatari takeover. However, the Glazers have yet to officially accept any bids, leaving the situation unresolved. Throughout this process, Neville has been a vocal critic of the club’s owners, and he once again took aim at them during a recent appearance on BBC Radio Five Live. Neville expressed his disappointment, stating, “It’s embarrassing. They always drag everything out, acting in their best interests. It’s not good enough that the owners haven’t kept the fans updated on the ownership sale, but it’s typical of how they have operated for the past 20 years.”
The competition for ownership still includes Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his Ineos Group, along with Sheikh Jassim’s company, despite indications that the latter had emerged as the frontrunners. Although there have been rumors of an impending announcement regarding a preferred bidder, no official confirmation has been provided. With the takeover saga showing no signs of conclusion, Manchester United’s transfer plans have been left in a state of uncertainty. This situation has reportedly left manager Erik ten Hag frustrated and angered by the lack of progress.
- INEOS Chief Provides Update on Manchester United Takeover Amid Sheikh Jassim’s Bid
- Sheikh Jassim’s Takeover of Manchester United Receives Boost as Glazer Family Shows Support
- Manchester United Bidder Sheikh Jassim Al Thani Warns of Possible Withdrawal from Takeover Talks
- Manchester United Takeover Stalls as Glazers Pause Sale Amid Disappointment with Bids
- Sheikh Jassim Expresses Frustration over Slow Progress and Questions Glazer Family’s Commitment to Selling the Club