Manchester United’s transfer activity is facing a potential hurdle as Harry Maguire’s move to West Ham is experiencing delays. The prolonged negotiations over Maguire’s departure could impact Erik ten Hag’s plans for the team’s upcoming transfer moves.
With a fixed budget at Manchester United, the club is aiming to offload several players to create space for potential new signings. Although Maguire has already agreed to personal terms with West Ham, complications have arisen concerning the compensation fee for the England international, according to a report by The Guardian.
Manchester United’s consideration of acquiring a right-sided center-back hinges on Maguire’s departure from the club. The ongoing issue revolves around a salary increase due to Manchester United’s qualification for the Champions League in the previous season. If Maguire moves to West Ham, he would face missing out on a substantial portion of his expected earnings.
The situation has unfolded following Manchester United’s 1-0 victory over Wolves at Old Trafford on Monday night. During the match, the team found themselves under pressure for a significant portion of the game. The winning goal was secured by Raphael Varane’s headed effort.
Despite moments of contention, such as Andre Onana’s challenge on Wolves’ Sasa Kalajdzic, which VAR ultimately determined not to be a penalty, Manchester United managed to secure the victory. However, the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Maguire’s transfer could potentially impact the club’s future transfer plans and strategies.
- Manchester United Sets £50 Million Price Tag for Defender Harry Maguire
- West Ham Resurrects Talks for Manchester United’s Harry Maguire as Transfer Rumors Swirl
- Manchester United’s Post-Harry Maguire Plans Revealed: Three Bundesliga Players Top List
- Manchester United Manager Erik ten Hag Challenges Harry Maguire to Earn Starting Spot Amid West Ham Transfer Speculation
- Harry Maguire’s Resurgence: Manchester United Defender Shines in Player of the Match Display