Lautaro Martinez has had a £69.5million pricetag placed on him ahead of this summer amid interest from the Premier League.
The Argentinian striker is currently enjoying the best scoring season of his career, bagging 25 goals with 20 of those coming in Serie A, second best only to Napoli’s Victor Osimhen.
United are also said to be a potential landing spot for Martinez, the Red Devils also in need of a number nine this season, with Wout Weghorst’s loan expiring this summer.
A strong, aggressive striker, Martinez could be that fear-inducing focal point Chelsea have been missing since the departure of Diego Costa in 2017, while United could do with a consistent goalscorer to take the load off Marcus Rashford.
- Chelsea Joins Manchester United and PSG in Pursuit of Nigerian Striker Victor Osimhen
- Transfer gossip: Liverpool eye £55m Rennes pair as Arsenal target Prem centre-back
- Chelsea Initiate Talks with Paris Saint-Germain for Neymar Transfer
- ‘Not good enough’ – Shearer blasts Man Utd star who has had ‘enough chances’ and should leave this summer
- Top scorers in 2023: Haaland lead suddenly cut as in-form Rashford drops down to third