Manchester City defender Kyle Walker is set to hold talks with coach Pep Guardiola before making a decision about his future, according to reports. The full-back has been the subject of speculation linking him with a move to Bayern Munich this summer, with reports suggesting that he has already agreed to join the German champions. However, trusted journalist Fabrizio Romano has now revealed that the 33-year-old is scheduled to have a conversation with Guardiola to discuss his options before reaching a final verdict.
Walker currently has one year remaining on his contract with Manchester City, and it initially appeared likely that he would extend his stay with the European and English champions. However, it seems that he has had a change of heart following Bayern Munich’s approach, as reports suggest that he has reached a verbal agreement with the Bundesliga side.
The English right-back joined Manchester City from Tottenham Hotspur six years ago and has played a significant role in the team’s success. During the club’s treble-winning season, Walker made 39 appearances and contributed greatly to their victories in the Champions League, Premier League, and FA Cup.
With such a pivotal player potentially departing, the discussions between Walker and Guardiola will undoubtedly be crucial in determining the outcome of this transfer saga. As fans and pundits eagerly await the final decision, the future of one of Manchester City’s defensive stalwarts remains uncertain.
- Guardiola Warns Manchester City Stars Against Arrogance Ahead of Champions League Final
- “A ruthless machine” – Jason Cundy makes huge claim about Manchester City
- Transfer Gossip: Sancho to accept Man Utd exit with shock PL side identified as next club, City all out for Barca starlet
- Transfer gossip: Bayern ‘satisfy’ Spurs with exciting Kane clause; City’s ridiculous Gvardiol add-ons
- Transfer gossip: Arsenal eye two Man City stars as Newcastle plan loan deals for England duo